Friday, December 30, 2016

Random Questions and Answers

1. Pick the year you die vs. Pick the way you die
- Although it would be nice to know when I will die as it will have me be ever so passionate in living life to the fullest, a year is too long of a time to be waiting. It could mean that I could die early January or live until the last day of December. By choosing the way of dying, I could choose to die peacefully in sleep. By doing so, ever day would be lived as if it were my last.

2. Have a stadium named after you vs. Have a university names after you
- If I was having a stadium named after me for having achieved great feats in athletics, I would definitely choose the stadium as that would mean that I were a stellar athlete. Knowing, however, that I am far from having talents that of a professional athlete, I think I would choose neither of the options, for I would not want my name to be left throughout ages and cultures. From dust to dust I say.

3. Have free Apple products forever vs. Have free Wifi wherever you go
- Wifi. Definitely. It would make traveling much easier. Plus, I don't really have that much desires for electronics.

4. Fulfill your biggest wish vs. Resolve your biggest regret
- Up until now, I can't say I have not made regretful decisions, but none of it were too big to leave me crippled. I guess I have been blessed in such forgetfulness. Thus, I would choose to fulfill my biggest wish. For quite some years, I had wanted to be the world's best bachelor, rich, famous, good-looking, charming, a devout Christian, and an overall great man to be with.

5. Have your own private island vs. Have your own private jet
- I am going to have to take the easy way out again. Private islands, private jets all seem too much to handle. I think I have done my share of flying in my younger years, and I don't think I'll visit the island too much. A vacation in some tropical island may be great once or twice in life. I am doubting the cost effectiveness of a private island. Is it possible to just have that much in my bank account?

6. Be able to read minds vs. Be able to travel at light speed
- I wrestled with the idea of reading minds. It would be a great skill to have, but at the same time, it seems too manipulative. I think it is important to have people be themselves, have parts unknown to others. I guess I hold privacy to a great extent. Plus, being able to travel at light speed would mean being able to travel at a lesser speed, boosting my athletic abilities. I'll dominate street ball.

7. Have $1 million in Amazon gift cards vs. Have $100,000 in cash
- I have had the pleasure of searching through the Amazon website, looking for gifts for various people, and well, it was tiring. Not to say that going shopping is any easier, but trying to spend a million dollars online doesn't really seem fun to do.

8. Be best friends forever with your favorite celebrity vs. Date your celebrity crush for only 2 years
- This one was probably the toughest one, and it was because I value friendship and love to an equal level. In that sense, I would choose friendship as the conditions state that the friendship will be forever. Love is definitely tempting, but two years as compared to forever seems minuscule. Could it be that dating is only for two years as the option to get married is possible? Eh. I'll leave it at that.

9. Have free gas for 25 years vs. Have your dream car
- My immediate answer would be the dream car, perhaps a Maserati, but 25 years is a long time. Cars may go out of style while gas doesn't. Maybe I am being too real, too old to be answering such dumb questions.

10. Be a ninja vs. Be a pirate
- Ninja. Everyday. I don't like the idea of having the sea as the mainstay of life. The isolation and the lack of freedom is suffocating. Plus, I love the idea of being hidden in plain sight. Something about the shadows covering me is exhilarating.

11. Continue on with your life vs. Restart your life
- Although this one is rather similar to question 4, the conditions are rather lacking. What are the benefits of restarting life? Do I have any memories of the past? Is it possible to live the same life only with minor changes? God has allowed a lot to be accomplished so far, and I don't want to throw it all away for just another same life to be lived. If any hint of previous life is left with restarting, I would choose to restart quite a few times. If not, I'm rather complacent with my current situation.

12. Live the life of fame and wealth vs. Live in Harry Potter's World
- Again, I think I'll have to rely on unmentioned conditions. If living in Harry Potter's World consists of the actual setting, all inclusive of the villain and chaos that ensued, I think the first option is definitely the better choice. If I were allowed the power of magic right here in this world, I would go for the magic, but only in conditions that there were very limited people with such blessings. Having many people would mean systems and laws governing magic usage. Having to live with two separate laws would be a headache. Having said all that, I guess the fame and wealth would be the easier choice.

13. Have the ability to read minds vs Have the ability to see the future
- A slight twist I guess. The question is a bit more fun as I had not chosen the mind reading ability before. The problem with seeing the future would be that it is damn frightening. The benefit of knowing what is to come will be awesome, but the price would be having to see all the tragedies as well. Then again, reading minds would be too much of a headache. Without knowing the others' thoughts, ignorance will be a bliss. I wouldn't have to worry about reacting to others constantly. My final answer would be that if I could choose to see the future whenever I wanted to, I would go for the second option.

No comments:

Post a Comment