Thursday, December 15, 2016

Praying for Ansan

He reminded me of the times I had been a foreigner in a land afar. The Bible session consisted of one to two kids and a teacher. She was probably a college student, and she really had no reason, no ties to continue on these lessons. For one, I was never consistent in showing up. I don't remember half of the materials she taught, but none of this really seemed to matter to her. If I had been a bit more mature, I could have taken the time to ask her about her journey with Christ. Even after I had graduated, now almost 10 years ago, I was reminded of her dedication. 

Here I am now, wondering if I should be a part of the volunteer team. I have probably my life's biggest exam coming up quickly. The place is hours far from where I am now. I barely even know the kids there, let alone the teachers. Yet, He keeps telling me that I should go, to the kids caught up in a strange country, with very few that really understand them. 

I can't be with them everyday, nor every week, but this is something I could make an effort in. What more could there be in missions but just to be with others, praising the name of Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment