Monday, December 21, 2015

Morning After Thoughts

Most college students would be familiar with the term, "Finals week." It is a week long (even a week and a half to some students) schedule allotted for taking the final exams of courses registered. Finals week to me was a rather happy time of the year. Rarely would there be exams back to back, so I would study what has been taught over the semester leisurely. It also foreboded the coming of summer or winter break. 

Unfortunately, this semester was utterly different. The finals week was more so a month, and there was an exam everyday. The weekends were off thankfully, so I would catch up on lost sleep. 

I would be studying without realizing what time it was quite often. I would see the sun set and rise in time, while students would come and go. 

There is a big church right beside the school. Every early morning, the sun would shine through the blinds and a faint shadow of the cross would be seen. 

I imagined getting closer to the cross. It would smell of old blood, rotting flesh and mostly of death. As you got closer despite the foul odor and the ugly scene, I imagined I would see a mirror, reflecting our lives, the sin Christ has suffered for us. If only you drew closer would you see. Afar, it is only a faint glimmer of a shape. 

Draw near.

No comments:

Post a Comment