Friday, October 18, 2013

Adoption to Love

A story

There was a wealthy man who also had a kind heart. This was seen through his love of children. Perhaps that is why he owned a toy shop, wanting to make children smile.

One Christmas day, he invited kids from the children's home and allowed each to take a gift from the store. The kids leaped with joy ran around the shop, searching for the perfect one. As the man was happily watching the children, he felt a little tug. A child, with glistening eyes, looked up to the man, ever so shy. With a soft heart, the wealthy man scrunched down and looked at the child and asked, "would you like to go searching for something you like?" The child, still too shy, did not say anything. The child simply held on. The man, filled with grace, took the child as his own, for the child held onto the his deepest desire.


God allowed me the time and heart to volunteer at a local child care shelter. I would help these kids study, maybe even teach them something. Just yesterday, I was in charge of taking them outside to the playground. Ten or so kids started playing dodgeball.

One little girl who got tagged out would not let go of me. She just held on, danced around me, pulled me down, told me to jump up and down with her. She would give me a hug, hold my hand and smile. Although each and every child was equally in my heart, this one really took my attention. She poured out her heart, wishing to receive the same.

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment