Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Small Lecture

If I had an audience, bright spotlights in radiance,
if I was given a microphone with ears and minds together in one tone,
If I could point to one direction, what would be my intention?

I could recite a love sonnet. I could play an instrument.
I could recount the lives past, of the famous and the popular.
I could teach science or even talk about the world in its magnificence,
but none gratifying, all too unsatisfying.

One passion still lingers in my heart,
but my declaration would only be a decoration to the already glorious. 

He sang lullabies when I lay awake in darkness.
He taught me about maturity, the responsibility of a man.
He led me on adventures, small and large alike.
He showed me love and gentleness.
He found purpose in my life, truest happiness.

As with each second my life edges toward the end, 
my only desire would be to say that I love you, Lord.
And everyday of my life, I wish to hear the words, 
"you are my son" while I wait for the kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment