Friday, June 28, 2013

Circling the Jericho

It was definitely a walk I would remember.

I had no idea how big this palace would be. My friend simply told me it was common for people to walk around the Imperial Palace. As he was busy, I decided to venture out alone. I had flip-flops on that were scraping my skin off. My ankles were hurting, but I had walked too much to turn back. Each corner, I would hope there would be a shortcut into the palace, but the walls simply kept going on and on. 

I started thinking about the people of Israel and the miracle seen in Jericho. I wondered how big Jericho was, and how much effort was put in by the Israelites. Though completely unrelated, I looked back at myself, and realized how little effort I put into God's plans. 


I decided to walk some more, hoping I would reach an end. Sooner or later, I saw a great opening. The walls ended and big wide roads cleared into the palace. The entrance was wide open, no gates to close either. Would thus be the sights of heaven? Hopefully, I will not give up when it matters the most, when I am heaven-bound.  

No comments:

Post a Comment