Friday, November 30, 2012

Life in the Bible

After a hundred some posts, I can’t remember what I talked about and what I have not.
 
Thanks to a friend of mine, I traveled over to Philadelphia this past Thanksgiving break. It was a 5-6 hour drive, which I guess wasn’t too bad. The issue I had was that I could not fall asleep. Ever since I got into an accident way back in Argentina, I have been having trouble sleeping in cars.
 
Long story short, the driver lost control of the vehicle, fell into a ditch, ultimately turning the car over. It happened so quickly, yet it felt like time had slowed down. Luckily no one got hurt, but the pastor that was with us gently came up to me and said, “You should probably stop praying for that miracle now.” He was indeed joking at the time, since I had been praying for something supernatural, but this was not quite what I had expected.
 
What I had wanted was the experiencing of God, something majestic, something brighter than Las Vegas, something more dynamic than Hollywood. I don’t think God really enjoys that fancy, though. Yes, there could be signs and miracles, maybe even prophetic messages, but the majority of the experience simply seemed to come from the mundane beauty of life. The sun rises and sets each and every day, just like the grace of God. He hears us and is with us. The messages of the Bible come to life, as if he announces it in the speakers, or even sometimes whispers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment