Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dancing Around

“Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the LORD with all this might, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.” 2 Samuel 6:14-15

I feel like I’m losing the ability to carry out conversations. It’s either that, or I never really learned how to listen. As much as I find it difficult to accept and embrace, I do admire small conversations, in that, they can change our thoughts significantly. I was reminded of the times my friends and I decided to make a fool of ourselves. It’s not that we rarely acted in foolishness, but just that this was towards a greater audience.
 
When I say foolishness, I do not mean the type that brings regret, but the type that brings laughter. It is the smiles everywhere, no worries to down the mood, strangers becoming friends type of foolishness, the complete embrace of human imperfection and dependence toward God. We danced around crazy, like David before the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment