Friday, May 24, 2013

Homebound

One additional perk of being a medical school student was having a big connection established with my dad. Having attended medical school himself, my father would tell me all kinds of stories that I can now understand: what it means to stay up all night for several days to study, what it means to stay up all night for several days to go party. He would also tell me more about his life as a doctor. The work he is doing, the patients he is meeting. 

Just the other day, he told me about a patient who gave him these amazingly expensive gifts out of gratitude. Designer this, designer that. As each day passes, though his body ages, I see him as a greater man. This, however, is not because of how successful he is in the eyes of society, but because he has given me the greatest gift of all: the heritage of faith.

No matter how frail his body may become, I'll always look up to him as the leader of faith in our family. 

Thanks Dad. I love you very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment