Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spokesman

“If a man divorces his wife and she leaves him and marries another man, should he return to her again? Would not the land be completely defiled? But you have lived as a prostitute with many lovers - would you now return to me?” Jeremiah 3:1

“Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes” Jeremiah 5:7

I hate that those I love are prostituting themselves to worthless matters of the world, crying and begging for what is of no value. Nevertheless, this includes me. It is as if we are on our knees in front of our enemies that seek nothing but destruction. How shall we regain dignity?

“Therefore this is what the Lord says: ‘If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.’” Jeremiah 15:19

Stand tall, gather yourself. You are nobility, a royal family! Death before honor, integrity in love, faithfulness to the end. I will, once again, be a voice of God, proclaiming truth, living with strength and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment